Fiction Writing Course Required Books
- Wired for Story by Lisa Cron
- Writing Fiction: A Guide to Narrative Craft by Janet Burroway
Fiction Writing Course Suggested Books
All of these books were written by my professor
- How to Write a Novel by Melanie Sumner (Free Amazon Audiobook)
- The Ghost of Milagro Creek by Melanie Sumner
- The School of Beauty and Charm by Melanie Sumner (Free Amazon Audiobook)
- Polite Society by Melanie Sumner
This assignment was a reflection of the book Wired for Story which was engaging, helpful, and easy to read. Hopefully my academic review of it will encourage others to read it as well.
This assignment was to help students create an in-depth, believable character and to provide a guideline for future stories. Please feel free to download the Word document within the post for your own character creation.
This assignment was an exercise at creation a fictional place using the five senses. Please feel free to use it as a guide for your own place exercises in storytelling.
This assignment was meant to focus on three typically difficult techniques in fiction writing: Summary and Scene, Flashback, and Slow Motion.
This assignment was to fill in a blank template (which anyone is free to use) in order to create a plot for our original stories.
This is the rough draft of my final paper for the course.
This is my final draft of my original story for the course, where you can see the many changes I made.